Maramagambo Forest is exotic and engaging due to its striking features, and is located in Bushenyi, Uganda, and its territories are part of the enchanting Queen Elizabeth National Park found in the southern part of the forest.
Of course, its on record, the word “Maramagambo” is deprived from a long standing belief in Uganda Africa, as a result of a mind blowing tale that occurred years back, that, a certain group of teenagers failed to make their way out of this epic forest.
And in return, they spent some horrific moments in the wilderness till they had to trace their way back to their homes days after. A mysterious killer record that befell in the village, that these teens were not able to speak for along time because of the trauma and psychological torture that was mounted on them.
Hence the famous word “Maramagambo”, literally meaning, “No more words – No more talking”.Encounter with the natives who will tell you more compelling facts about the Origin of “Mgahinga” word. Well, have refreshing mpmment as you observe the two crater lakes,Lake Nyamasingiri and Lake Kyasanduka bordering this forest.
What to do and see in Maramagambo Forest:
- Nature walks: can cover 1 and half hours to half a day through the Canopy benching shaded trails)
- Hiking the vicinity is hilly , and there are foot trails)
- Exploring the stunning crater lakes (Lake Nyamasingiri and Lake Kyasanduka)Hiking(the vicinity is hilly and there are foot trails)
- Sight Seeing in Maramagambo forest to unique Vegetion compositions. More than 50 Species of trees exist here, the experience is thrilling a you encounter with the inmates (see the canopy shapes of trees)
- Bat Caves in Maramagambo forest; (Popular visited, though they had been closed formally due Marburg Virus, Lucky enough in collaboration with the American Center of Disease Control, a secure viewing center was recently put in place, outside of these caves, surely, you can view numerous bats that reside there and as well the pythons that feed on them)
- Kayaking at the delightful Kyasanduka Crater Lake is a futuristic adventure, down the voyage of the Niles, it all gives you a unique adventure. Most of the Kayaks love visiting this place.
- Bird Watching Maramagambo forest, (there are different birs species like; Yellowbill, Little Grebe, African Finfoot, Red-chested Cuckoo, Black Cuckoo, African Emerald Cuckoo, Black Coucal, Blue, breasted Kingfisher, Black Bee-eater, Blue-throated Roller, Barbets, Red-throated Wryneck andmany more
Primates wild life Maramagambo: Chimpanzees, red-tailed monkeys, Bates’s pygmy antelopes,Vervet Monkeys, baboons etc)
Some times on good days, you will see the Matching Soldier Ants that form a lane of up to 100 meters long and 6 meters side by side. (Please do not try getting closer to the soldier ants as they can bite you, how ever no negative effect to worry about, the challenge is that their bite is stinging but not not has no lasting effect)
The most intriguing idea is that, African Adventure Travellers in conjuction with Queen Elizabeth National Park, stands all the rights to help you sail through these thought-provoking adventures. Book with us to explore these amazing scenes in the Jungles of Africa.
The maramagambo hill hikes, nature walks in the forests, birding and the numerous birds in the caves gave a satisfaction of my safari. I really enjoyed it, my parents were very pleased.