3 days gorilla tracking bwindi and Lake Bunyonyi Uganda safari is a rewarding Uganda Safari tour that is thought-provoking and refreshing futuristic insights. From the renowned Uganda Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi impenetrable forest, an iconic jungle that is listed for the best gorilla tracking Safari, to the most seclusive Lake Bunyonyi the second deepest lake in Africa with a lot of nature offerings.
Our 3 days Uganda Safari includes Nature walks, Culture encounters, Breathtaking nature views, Gorilla tracking bwindi, Suset Canoe boat cruises. 3 days gorilla trekking Uganda safari makes you feel another home away from your home, in the wilderness of Uganda Safariinsights. The stimulating and compelling nature of relief, vegetation and the giant trees in Bwindi impenetrable forest is a destination of its own kind, With the ancient trees forming the “Impenetrable” jungle with diverse vegetation.
Why Gorilla Tracking Safari in Bwindi Impenetrable forest
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest is a large primeval forest, some books refer to it as the home of mountain Gorillas due to its adventurous canopy tree structures. Bwindi Impenetrable forest is seen in Kanungu District, south-western part of Uganda. Well, the name Bwindi re-echoes its Unique magnified beautifully scenic views, locally the name Bwindi got derived from the Runyakitara language and means “impenetrable”. Its readable characteristics and the bwindi expeditions give it no doubts as per its description, as seen curving on the western arm of the Great Rift Valley
It’s name gives a ray of hope for this trending Uganda safari, simply meaning, ‘Place of many little birds’- best place for birding Uganda safari. Its clearly seen that the lake is a bed of roses by having its blue print image on the 5,000 Ugandan shilling note under the title “Lake Bunyonyi and terraces. The absorbing Islands on the lake and the surrounding towns of Kyevu and Muko on its shores make everything readable and enjoyable.
Overview of our 3 days Gorilla Tracking Uganda and Lake Bunyonyi.
Nature views, lake Bunyonyi Boat rides as well as visiting the serene hideouts at the remarkable Habuharo Island on lake Bunyonyi, Lake Bunyonyi Swimming, Nature walks around lake Bunyonyi, Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Visiting the Forest Trails, Visiting Kisoro City and the Switzerland of Africa- Kabale City, Bwindi National Park, Mbarara City famous for the long horned cattle, A break at the zero Equator Line at Masaka, Sun bathing on Bunyonyi, Birding Lake Bunyonyi-with hundreds of water loving species, lake bunyonyi is refereed to as a place of many birds, There is much to feed your quest on your 3 days Uganda Safari
Day 1: Pick up from Entebbe Airport/ Kampala City to Bwindi
Our guide will brief you about the 3 days Uganda Safari titinerary, drive through the traffic lights of Kampala City early morning by 7:00am, the early morning road drive sets us ready and not to encounter with the traffic jam in the City as well as to reach early and catch up with the Park activities. The morning Drive leads us through numerous small towns with natives selling different products along the road. Our first stop over shall be at the Ugandas Equator in Masaka city
Of course after this short visit, we continue to via the rotating roads having enormous views leading us to Mbarara town. The drive is a rewarding one as you see the hill rugged slopes, long horned cattle, and the natives selling their products along side the road. Pass through lake Mburo National park where you might sport out the jumpy baboons, Uganda kobs, antelopes, birds. Arrive in Mbarara and have your lunch from Agip motel.
The unusual feeling of the environment takes us through Kihihi – Butogota town to Buhoma where we shally finally check in at Buhoma Community Rest Camp to relax after our long journey. Prepare for the dinner, and later overnight. The day might have been a tiresome one, call it off a night and get ready for the thrilling gorilla tracking adventure the following day.
Day 2: Gorilla Tracking in Bwindi Forest, Nature walks
After having the morning breakfast, report to the park headquarters by 7:30am for a brief highlights about the giant gorilla tracking exercise, like any other hunter would prepare himself, so shall we. We shall be well equipped with the Tracking equipments and we head for the world’s adventurous zone part in Africa. After the brief highlights at the entrance of the park and the same time the starting point for the giant gorilla tracking.
We shall make our way throughout the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest trails with a guide to look for these rare giant mountain gorillas under the guidance of a knowledgeable guide. Time taken tracking highly depends on how fast the trekkers are, and where gorillas last fed the previous night, it can take us a few minutes or even an entire day to locate them. When you see them, spend 1 hour experiencing their way of life as they groom each other, lay their nests etc. Later, return back to the lodge for a thorough relaxation.
Afternoon hours shall find us well prepared, Check out from the hotel and our guide will transfer you through the terraced hills and finally head to the deepest Lake in Africa Bunyonyi for a comfortable and great relaxing time at Overland Camp Lake Bunyonyi.
Day 3: Canoeing on lake Bunyonyi, Transfer backto Kampala
We shall begin our day with an early breakfast, then prepare for the captivating Canoeing on lake Bunyonyi, this is so catchy when you sail over the water bodies having beautiful scenic views on the aquatic life like the hippos, water birds, Buffaloes and many more. After this pleasing adventure, have lunch and drive back to Kampala.
Tour inclusive: Gorilla permit, Tour Guide, Transport in a 4×4 safari van, bottled water, all meals, accommodation. Our trusted and registered Uganda tour company shall take you all through this tour pleasingly. For Booking or inquiries. please email us: email@example.com or speak to our office directly following the link in the footer.
Important to note: The accommodation bookings specified in the itinerary above depend on the availability and shall be confirmed after your booking, We choose and reserve for you best secure and seclusive accommodations that make you feel another home from your home
Important to note: In cases where the mentioned accommodations are not available, Our reservations manager will get in touch with you, book for you another hotel matching your budget, mid-range or luxurious plan as you will have specified in your Safari!
Some of the Gorilla tracking Guidelines to consider before you Visit Gorillas
- Do not get so close to the gorillas more than 7 metres.
- A maximum number of 8 visitors is allowed to visit a group of the habituated mountain gorillas in a day.
- You are advised to stay in your group whey you are near the gorillas.
- Keep your voices down at all times. However, it is okay to ask the guide questions
- You are not allowed to smoke, drink or eat when you are near the gorillas. Eating or drinking inevitably can increase the risk of food/drink morsels/droplets falling, which could increase the risk of transmission of diseases.
- No one with any sort of disease or communicable disease (e.g Flu, Diarrhea) is allowed to enter the park for tracking.
- Flash photography is not permitted! When taking pictures move slowly and carefully.
- Do not touch the gorillas. Have it in mind that these are wild animals
- Keep your voices down at all times. However, it is okay to ask the guide questions.
- You are only allowed to spend 1 hour with the Gorillas, however, if the gorillas become agitated or nervous, the guide will finish the visit early.
What you need to Carry on your Gorilla tracking Safari
- Remember to put on comfortable hiking shoes suitable for steep muddy slopes, if you don’t have time for this, you can still buy when you arrive for your safari.
- Put on ear plugs for those who feel uncomfortable with the jungle sounds.
- You might need to carry enough packed water, our guide will take you through this
- Carry a rain gear, or an umbrella, sunscreen lotion, a hat/Cap (as the weather is unpredictable) and insect repellent.
- Bring a photo of film camera to take hundreds of captions. Using flashlight is not permitted so we recommend using films of 400-800 ASA.
- For more tips about Gorilla trekking, we shall guide you what you need to carry before you arrive for your Safari